Very often, people face the problem of the fungus in their own homes, and then the urgent question which starts bothering owners is how to remove mold. Damp rooms with poor ventilation make the most favorable habitat for the fungus in which it can grow and flourish. Of course, the most vulnerable rooms in a residential building are the bathroom, toilet and kitchen. However, mold can appear in living rooms, especially if the house is poorly heated. Those who have noticed mold on the walls must get rid of it immediately, either by themselves or with the help of mold remediation services Baton Rouge LA, because mold is a very dangerous fungus that threatens human health.
Living in the same house with the fungus is harmful to your health for a number of reasons. Before you decide to turn to mold remediation services Baton Rouge LA to help you get rid of it, you should know what this fungus is and how dangerous it is. Here are just some of the problems you may encounter if you contact with the fungus for a long time:
- Respiratory diseases. The first human organ that suffers is the lungs because people inhale mold spores directly from the infected air. After some time, such diseases as asthma, laryngitis, bronchitis, etc. may develop.
- Skin diseases like eczema, and dermatitis may also develop very fast.
- Dental diseases – inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, such as stomatitis.
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eyes – various infections, conjunctivitis.
Before contacting a cleaning company like mold remediation services Baton Rouge LA, you need to understand what kind of mold you are dealing with. There are many types of fungi, and not all of them are equally dangerous. The most harmful to the living organism is black mold, or black Aspergillus, which is most often affects residential buildings. Even if you are not prone to allergies and you have never suffered from skin diseases, prolonged contact with black mold will weaken the body and you’ll be susceptible to its harmful effects.
Is it possible to get rid of mold without the help of professional services like mold remediation services Baton Rouge LA using household products and remedies only?
Everything depends on how large the area affected by the fungus is. If this area is small, it’s possible to try to get rid of mold with the help of fold remedies.
The most effective ways to remove mold from the wall at home:
- Vinegar. Apply plenty of vinegar to the surface using a spray bottle, rub thoroughly with a rag, then rinse with clean water. Do not forget to wear rubber gloves and ventilate the room after treatment.
- Hydrogen peroxide or ammonia. These antibacterial agents are very popular with housewives. Moisten a sponge or cloth with the solution and remove the fungus. The method is more suitable for plastic.
- Baking soda. The alkaline environment is harmful to fungi, so soda solution can be used in the fight against mold.
However, if you have tried all the available methods and none of them worked, you should immediately contact mold remediation services Baton Rouge LA or other professional services which remove mold and disinfect all surfaces. Experts know how to get rid of mold in the apartment once and for all.